Thursday, January 23, 2014

RIP Grandpa

2014 has started off weird. Friends are losing loved ones. And two long time family friends of my parents have passed away. Add to the list, Justin's grandpa passed away in California on January 14th. He is being cremated there this weekend.

This past weekend there was a memorial service for him at the Buddhist temple. This was the first time I have experienced something like this. There were several people there praying for their loved ones. Lots of chanting...all in Vietnamese. We ended up outside with the kids, but it was good to see Justin's mom's side of the family that we don't get to see too often.

I grew up without grandparents so I don't know what it's like to get that "spoiled loving". I can only imagine though as I see how much my children at such a young age love and adore their grandparents.

RIP Ông ngoi

Photo taken at our wedding in April 2010

No comments: