This year I decided to take family photos. After all, Ryan was 1 years old and I really want a nice family photo to hang up on our bare walls. I called around Shreveport and found some really great photographers charging $300+. I honestly did not want to spend money on photos, but knew that my tripod could not capture the pictures I wanted of the family. So.....I resorted to Craigslist. I was quite pleased with the photos and surprised how well they turned out despite my children not really in the mood for pictures. However, they were pixelated and luckily I was able to get the RAW photos. However as soon as I put them in Lightroom I noticed why they were pixelated. They were all shot at an aperture of 1.8 (you know, the portrait setting of 1 person staying still mode with blurry background). This worked well for the solo shots, but our family shots didn't come out clear.
Our wardrobe - Ryan already had this yellow vest with some Navy blue on it. Justin was easy. So I googled for a yellow with blue dress and found this one on ModCloth. I was indifferent about wearing yellow in the winter and being able to pull off a color I never wear, but it worked. Rachel's accessories from Hobby Lobby were supposed to tie into the yellow, but as you can imagine, my 2 year old took them off often.
I'll be editing the photos, but you can view all of them here -
http://steddy1.smugmug.com/KidsFamily/Family-Photos-2013
And here are our Christmas cards. Tried out Zazzle for the first time with a Groupon.
No comments:
Post a Comment