Spent a week in Houston hanging out with the family. It was nice to have everyone there, including J.R. and Steven. Rachel is starting to get it..."When is Santa coming" and loving all the Christmas trees and lights.
Traditions - Growing up we always celebrated with my mom's side on Christmas Eve. Presents were open at midnight. And the money throw from the balcony was a tradition started by my dad back in the 90's when people were sitting around bored or falling asleep. It has brought some craziness....and injuries to our family. So now that I have a family of my own, we will continue celebrating with my family but curious what our traditions will be. Childhood memories are the best. I'm thinking our traditions will include picking out a Christmas tree and decorating it and something in the kitchen involving cookies of course!
Gifts- As adults we can buy what we want. And my family has gotten lame just exchanging gift cards. Thus, we just buy gifts for the kids. I love their excitement as they open their presents, read Santa's letters and play with their toys. Some highlight gifts for the kids - - Rachel - Hug me Elmo, a kitchen and plasma car. Ryan - A little car and basketball goal....all of which Rachel has already claimed as "hers". And my present to myself? A new prime lens for my camera! Hey, I never buy anything for myself...plus, a nice bonus from work justifies it!
Snapshots below. Rest here - http://steddy1.smugmug.com/Holidays/Christmas-2013





No comments:
Post a Comment