Sunday, January 5, 2014

Super mom Saturday

In no way am I super mom. But today I felt like one!

Snoozing is nonexistent in our house. Ryan was up at 6:30. Rachel at 7. I had no plans for the day but to entertain Rachel and Ryan. Come 9:30AM I had had enough of Dora's Christmas, pretend eating with Rachel's new creations from her kitchen, getting off the couch several times to split Rachel and Ryan up, and then ultimately having to take toys away because they do not understand the concept of sharing yet. That was it. We needed fresh air...Ryan obviously agreed too.


Now, where shall we go? We needed milk and I wanted to see if Walmart carried baskets for some shelves for the kids toys. I parked near the shopping cart 'drop off area' to grab a cart and put the kids in. They loved it. Ryan was in the seat and Rachel sat in the main part. Rachel loves being pushed and Ryan is amazed by new environments that he just looks around. I did have to leave my hand on the cart because he would try to suck on the handle...eww(I do have a grocery cart cover but never get it out...oh well!). Surprisingly Walmart is pretty empty early in the morning. The kids did great! We went through the store and picked up some groceries with no "I want that", no "I go potty", no crying, tantrum, etc. I didn't feel like we would be placed on the 'people of Walmart' website.

Hmm..ok they were good so we went through a car wash and I was able to vacuum goldfish and Cheerios off the floor. I was on a role and I wasn't gonna stop. We swung by the house to drop off fridge items, checked diapers and headed out again.

Chickfila, World Market and Lowes. Rachel decides to go potty at Lowes and touch everything in site...the toilet handle, the trash dispenser, etc. Ughh....ok, it's nap time for Ryan and we headed home. I had already pushed it. Typically at school he'll nap around 10 and 4. On the weekends we try to get him one long nap to coincide with Rachel's 12-2 nap. Well, today Ryan napped from 1-3:30 and Rachel napped from 3-5:30. Happy with that...though I just wish they would nap at the same time. Only had 30 minutes of 'peace' with them BOTH asleep.

The kids before heading out. One minute Rachel is sweet...the next she is mean!

Adventures at Walmart

Yes, that is World Market shopping cart on the way to Lowes(same shopping center). I wasn't about to transfer carts. I have become 'that mom' who just don't care. Lol. I had to return stuff at Lowes real quick!

Ryan shootin some hoops before bath time. 

And I managed to do 3 loads of laundry(folded but not put up yet) and make salsa (the ninja secret Santa gift is awesome) and guacamole that I was craving. Kids were fed and bathed. Ryan to bed at 830. Daddy home in time to greet Rachel. Mommy passed out with Rachel and woke up at 3 to clean the kitchen and mop the long overdue kitchen. A pretty productive day!


4 comments:

carla said...

strong work mama! i never wake up at 3am and think, good time to mop! ;)

steddy said...

I have issues! I get so much done in the middle of the night..haha

Aliza said...

You are super mom! Does Justin wake up and wonder if the cleaning fairy came? Lol

steddy said...

@Aliza - he's like "Umm, did you wake up again last night and clean?"