Sunday Funday. A term that used to mean bottomless mimosas to me now translates to Sundays with the kids. If the kids are not entertained by an activity or out the door by 9 they get pretty restless. So, in an effort for the house to remain somewhat tidy and for my mind to stay somewhat sane we go out and explore! Our days are broken up into 2 sessions - before nap and after nap. Before nap - We managed breakfast with Angeline, errands, oil change while strolling around the mall. After nap - Duck pond/playground and eating Chinese food.
I gave in a few weeks ago and purchased the side by side stroller. I was looking for a used one but when I saw that I could get a brand new one for $40 more I just got it. With me being solo with the kids often it was tiring and heavy pushing the kids around in the Sit and Stand stroller. It was great for an occasional stroll at the mall, but pushing it around the neighborhood, over bumps/grass was exhausting! Well I was reassured today of my purchase which was well worth the investment!
Why I love the new stroller (City Mini Stroller):
- The seats easily recline backwards - Dirty bathroom? Put the seat down and changed Ryan's diaper with no problem. Rachel's eyes were droopy so I reclined her seat and she snuggled in the ball pictured above.
- The extended canopy - Goodbye sun in the kid's face. The canopy allows me to peak in on the kids from behind with the see-through covers. Plus, when the kids are reclined it has a mesh backing to let air circulate through. Or in today's case when we were walking from the auto center to the mall and the sun shining right on Rachel's head I could cover it up.
- Not as huge as I thought - I was concerned that we wouldn't fit through doors. It is sized perfectly to fit through the doors. And today I was able to maneuver it around pretty effortlessly.
- Easy to fold up - Tug on the 2 handles located on the kid's seats and that's it. I probably got the kids in and out of the car 4-5 times this entire weekend and it's pretty lightweight. As for running errands with them in the stroller vs. just getting a shopping cart, I'm indifferent. When hopping from store to store it's great so I don't get weird looks taking a Bed Bath Beyond shopping cart into TJ Maxx. However, once in the store the kids never want to stay in the stroller so this is where a shopping cart wins.

No comments:
Post a Comment