Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Ryan's First Time in a Pool

When we moved here last year the community pool across the street was only open for 2 more weeks so we never got the chance. Well, this past weekend we checked it out. I was always skeptical of "community" pools, but it wasn't too bad. Well, I just try not to think of all the water my kids swallowed and what was in it. Come on now, I was a swimmer and I know what we do in pools...LOL

It's $2.50 a person. And there is a free splash pad area right in front of it...who knew! That part is free so I wonder if we can take the kids there without them wanting to go in the pool? Yeah right! Anyways, as we were playing in the pool I realized that this was Ryan's first time to go swimming. Last summer he was 7 months old and if I recall, probably sick or congested that we just opted out. At first he clung on to me, legs wrapped around me tightly. Then, in no time he was Mr. Fearless. The Ryan we all know. He would want to go on his own and submerge himself into the water before gasping for air and then doing it again...and again...until my arms got tired! Next time we'll bring floaties!



No comments: