Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Road Trippin

4 hour car rides are painful...but 5 hour car rides? Even worse. Typically we get 2 hours of silence (napping), but Rachel woke up antsy needing to go potty after an hour and a half. We could have just put her in a diaper, but I didn't want to regress and have her think "it's ok to potty in my pants in the car"....lol

So.....we stopped. Not even sure how many times we stopped. I lost count. Sometimes there was a gas station right there, others not.

EXHIBIT A.



And we took the suburban back to Shreveport to transport my bike and other stuff where the car seats have to be placed next to one another if we want to use the latches. Well, that didn't pan out as Ryan wanted to bug his sister which didn't go well.

EXHIBIT B.

Lastly, I learned my lesson with sweets in the car. One of our pit stops was right next to a Sonic. An Oreo Blast sounded yum so we stopped. Oops...Ryan and sugar means he was wired and did not want to stay in his car seat. By that point Justin and I switched before I lost it and I drove the last hour or so!

No comments: