Monday, June 30, 2014

Ryan's hair

5 months old before 1st haircut because he was pulling hair on both sides of head
After haircut where you can see one of his bald spots
Hair today - 19 months old
It's hard to look at Ryan's full head of hair and remember that at 5 months old he was pulling his hair out! So here is my blog post about it!

Ryan never liked the car seat. He would cry all the time. One day on our way home from school (15 minute drive) I noticed that there was hair in his car seat. Figured he pulled hair, but not worried. Then I noticed hair in his crib at school. Hmmm...I started to worry. Why was he pulling his hair out when he cried? Is he ok? Is this normal? I tried mittens, hats, helmets, anything to prevent him from pulling his hair but it didn't work. So we ultimately had to shave his head. Now look at him. He's got great thick hair..ignore my ghetto do it yourself trimming around the ears:) He even has some curl to his hair...wonder where that comes from. It looks like layers!..and the hair pulling stopped after we shaved his head...guess a temporary stage!

No comments: