In my 31 months of motherhood I experienced my WORST night last week. See picture below for evidence. Waking up every 2-4 hours with a newborn is a piece of cake after last night.
From 11-4 Ryan would not sleep. Or if he did doze off it was in my arms and he would not let me put him down. Clean diaper, fed, not gassy, no fever. He was a bit congested so we saline/sucked his nose and still restless. Boy needed to sleep so we gave him Benadryl. Well, I did. Justin didn't want to. To this day the kids haven't had Benadryl because we just felt it was unnecessary for their age. Last night I said "Screw it. He needs to sleep." Then magically at 4:15 he was out. FINALLY. Everyone can go to sleep.
I have no clue what it was. He has been restless recently but we assumed it was adapting to the new room/schedule at school.
Why am I blogging about this? Well, I know this will be a distant memory in the future but it was no fun. No.Fun.At.All. My dear Ryan - I love you to pieces, but see what you put mommy through?!
UPDATE - The night after he was better, still a bit restless. But now he is completely fine....well, still a little congested, but that is normal. I've accepted that my daycare child is just gonna be the most immune kid out there having been exposed to everything!

No comments:
Post a Comment