Monday, February 17, 2014

Ninang to Gabriel Joseph

On February 8, 2014 Gabriel Joseph DeAsis was baptized at St. Anthony of Padua in the Woodlands. I was honored to be asked to be a godmother. Gabriel's dad is my cousin, or uncle? His dad is my dad's uncle. His dad is the brother of my dad's mom. Confusing, eh?

This was my first time to meet Gabriel. He is so handsome...but then again, what half white/half flip baby isn't? He was drawn to me and stared at me often. I was told that I look like one of his teachers at his daycare.

Thanks Matt and Megan for the honor. I hope to lead by example for all my godchildren so they can grow up with God in their lives and know that they are the greatest gift that God gives....life. And to continue every day of their lives trusting, believing and praying to him. I think that "Godparent" was once chosen in the past as someone who will take care of the kid if something happens to the parents. And that may still hold true in some instances. However, I think godparent serves as a role model. Not only in their faith, but how they live their life. To be an example of love, marriage, values, etc. So if you've given me the honor to be your child's godparent, thank you! Hopefully I can do more for them in their lifetime than being the lady who "mailed $ every birthday" (my godmother)....but, hey I appreciated that a lot and LOVED  the tradition!




No comments: