Ok, this post may be TMI, but I got to rant about this. Something nobody ever told me and I'm sure it's not something you can read in a book. Nor, is it something posted on any governmental/daycare policy guidebook. Trust me, I've googled it.
After a week in Houston, Rachel had an accident during naptime. No biggie. It was Monday. She is getting back in her routine.
Tuesday. I pick her up and she is wearing her spare clothes. Great, another accident. So I remind her to tell the teachers when she needs to go potty and not be scared.
By the time I pick her up the teacher is gone and she is in the transitional room so the following morning I ask her teacher what happened:
Me: I see that Rachel had an accident yesterday. Do you know what happened?
Teacher: The kids went to the bathroom after naptime so I'm not sure if she went or not.
Me: You're not sure?
Teacher: The kids go into the stall by themselves. We don't know if they go or not. We are standing outside.
Me: Really? So nobody is in there helping them?
Teacher: Oh no honey. It's policy. Just imagine if a kid gets cut from our nails or anything else that we could be liable for.
Me: Wow. I never knew that.
Teacher: Yup. If a child has bad diarrhea or gets themselves all dirty we have to call the parents to come clean them up.
I was shocked. I mean, Rachel can wipe herself IF SHE REMEMBERS. So I'm thinking of all these 3 year olds who barely wipe. The good thing is that Rachel's #2 usually happens in the evenings at home so we have been practicing wiping "until there is no more" on the toilet paper.LOL I get it. Once they are "potty trained" they are able to pull off their pants and put them back on. I still assist her at home so I just assumed that they did the same at school. I guess this should force me to give her some more independence!
So, if you didn't know, now you know. Ask your daycare what the process is once your kid moves to the "all potty trained" room! I wish I knew this!
No comments:
Post a Comment