Anyways, we walked from the BBQ to the parade around 6PM. We knew we were towards the end of the parade route, but we did not know that it would be 7:30ish by the time they actually passed us. Of the 40 floats (the floats were numbered) we saw 5 before we headed out. The kids were getting tired (Rachel literally layed on the floor looking like she had passed out from too many margaritas..oh wait, that could have been me. It WAS National Margarita Day!) Next time we will station ourselves earlier on the route or just attend the children's parade which was this past weekend that starts earlier.
It was fun though. I made signs for the kiddos. It was already dark but all the floats/streets are lit up so just maybe people saw our signs.LOL I've never celebrated Mardi Gras in New Orleans or Galveston. I can imagine how crazy it is. I am happy with simple parades though. We got a few stuffed animals out of it....well, Ryan did. And the beads, well let's just say that I don't think they are child proof. Our white bath mat looked like a rainbow of colors when Rachel took the beads into the bath and I placed them on the mat.
![]() |
| "My sister is loca!" |
![]() |
| Entertainment at the BBQ - Rachel showing how 'Tooty Ta' is done |







No comments:
Post a Comment