Wednesday, March 12, 2014

2 kids = Fighting

I really feel sorry for Ryan aka the 2nd child. He gets shafted all the time because his sister doesn't let him play with anything alone. But then again, it works the other way around because Ryan is intrigued by anything that his older sister is doing too.

So I was able to capture some of it here.

Rachel takes a book away from Ryan. Clearly, they each have their own book, but Rachel MUST have his.

She knows she is guilty and in trouble looking at me while Ryan cries.

However, she doesn't care and continues to stare at the book while Ryan cries hysterically.

And until I stop being the mean mom taking photos instead of fixing this, Ryan continues to cry until I:
A)Get the book from Rachel and give it to Ryan while hearing her cry now 
B) Distract Ryan with a new toy because kids have ADD and forget what they were crying about really fast 
C) Pick him up and take him to another room

If I could do it again I would not have them so close in age (17 months). But does the age gap really prevent fighting? Not quite sure. I now remember that me and J.R. (16 months apart) fought until we were in high school when we decided to pretend that we didn't exist and didn't get close until after college. Steven and Stephanie were 11 months apart so I'm sure they fought too!

No comments: