7 weeks to go till the half ironman and I am so screwed. The cutoff time is 8 hours. At my current bike speed I think I will make it...barely...lol
Well, the time has come. First time I can fully rotate my arm without hurting! YAY! No clue what pronate/supinate was until everyone healthcare related started asking me about it. I still can't do a pushup/plank, but I can control my bike so I went for my first bike ride with this group of gals here called GRITS - Girls Riding the Streets. The guy at the bike shop told me about them. I told him I wasn't fast, just staring out and he recommended these gals. We averaged about a 16mph speed with the stops which is good for me. However, if I want to finish the ironman at a decent speed I need to get up to 18-20mph. I'll get on the trainer when I can as the only way to get faster is to just keep riding. I opted out of a long run this past weekend and biked by myself to see how fast I was solo. And fast wasn't it. Boy oh boy do I have some work to do!
But, something exciting did happen this week. The first time I have worked out 5+times in a week. I haven't done that since high school! I printed out this beginnertriathlete.com schedule for training for the ironman. With my injury I'm off schedule and doing things different as I go to get my strength back. This week I may try to get in the pool. Not sure if my arm is up for it but I can get some legwork in.



No comments:
Post a Comment