Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Remembering Steph 10 Years Later

Hard to believe that it has been 10 years since Steph's passing. I still remember that weekend. She had celebrated her first Mother's Day with Francesca at her bedside and passed away the following day. As painful as it is to lose a loved one it really gets better day after day. You think about them often especially when something triggers a memory. We did good that day celebrating Steph. Few tears, but mainly happy tears.

This picture was taken sometime in 2003? We were celebrating one of my friends' birthdays and she wanted to tag along to the club. I still remember when I would go to her apartment in the medical center ready to go out and she would tell me "one day you'll like wine and not those teeny bopper midori sours". She was right.

Glen spotted this bottle at HEB a few years ago and we drank it with Steph. 2005, the year she passed and a Merlot, her favorite. Even poured some on the ground for her to enjoy with us.

Group Shot

Francesca with mom

The Garner's



Recreating Steph's Pic

No comments: