Sunday, January 11, 2015

I'm 34

Birthday weekend was laid back..just how I like it! Surrounded with 2 little munchkins singing happy birthday to me all weekend was music to my ears. 

Here's how it went down:
Saturday - Morning run. Last long run before the half next weekend. These girls are all doing the Louisiana full or half marathon which happens to be the same day as the Houston half. The view was amazing. Saturday morning runs typically start at 6 so we actually get to see the sunrise!
I grab a coffee and get the kids some hot cocoa. Just maybe they'll like it this time. Rachel did. Ryan, not so much.
Rachel...not a morning person.
Ryan...always happy

We headed to Air U (trampoline jump place similar to SkyZone in Houston...though I've never been there I assume it is similar). They had a section for smaller kids which was great. Made this video highlighting the fun. And boy, this was a workout!




Later that evening we went to dinner to celebrate my birthday. The place we wanted to try out had an hour-two hour wait. There is no way we were going to do that. Ended up at Cantina Laredo. I got my drink fix and a steak with chimichurri sauce! But, we had to eat fast. Rachel didn't nap and I knew she was dead tired, especially from all the jumping earlier in the day. Justin and I had a gameplan if there was a meltdown. He would take her to the car and I would wrap it up..LOL Luckily we didn't have to do that! However, we did the normal..."Ryan, get off the floor"...

"Let me enjoy this drink while they're busy"
And my loving husband cutting up my food since...


I have only one hand to eat with because Ryan INSISTS on sitting on my lap.

And when i do try to eat with my free hand, he wants my fork too...
 But, in the end we survived! The mojitos were delicious. The steak was yummy. And although my company was a handful, I enjoyed every minute of it.


And ALL WEEKEND, Ryan's sweet voice.



On Sunday, my actual birthday we headed to church, Petsmart to look at animals, Macaroni Grill and home. It was raining and cold. We got a lot of cuddle time in plus brownies! Oh, and Ryan spiked a fever the night before so we have been keeping an eye on him!








No comments: