Monday, December 22, 2014

Ryan's Cough

Last Tuesday evening Ryan had a hard time sleeping with a horrible cough. We figured it would go away. Well, Wednesday I get a call from school that he is running out of breath and coughing a lot. He had no fever though. So, I wrapped up my meetings for the morning and picked him up and took him to the doctor to make sure it wasn't anything serious. 2 people at the school have the flu and another kid was sick in his class. When the nurse checked his vitals and noticed his wheezing we got seen by the doc pretty fast. Probably the shortest wait time I've ever had!

Anyways, they think it might be bronchitis and prescribed an antibiotic and steroid. Both of which get spit out most of the time because they taste nasty. And my yogurt/pudding tricks have failed. Ryan spits it out! However, our doc recommended getting a nebulizer and doing breathing treatments every 4 hours for a day or so. OMG...I LOVE IT! I wish someone gave this to us the first year he was congested all the time. Ryan did pretty well with it. When I would say "it's breathing treatment time" he would say "treatment" and sit in my lap.

His cough went away pretty fast. Hoping the kiddos stay healthy through the holiday!


No comments: