Thursday, May 29, 2014

Cabo for Lorraine's Wedding

On Thursday I flew into Houston to take off to Cabo the next day with my mom. The whole family went with the exception of the kiddos. This is my mom's side of the family that we spend every holiday with since I was born! And it was the first family vacation for everyone to get together! Unfortunately, Justin was not able to get off since he is on night float this month so my MIL came up to watch the kiddos.

The resort was nice. We stayed at Casa Dorada. And the beach in front of our hotel was nice too. I was told that the water was pretty rough in Cabo, but not where we stayed. The only downfall is that our resort was not all inclusive so we ended up paying a lot for food....and of course, beverages! I had no desire to do anything really except relax. Like most places there were tons of excursions available, but no thanks! Sleeping in (till 8), having no schedule, answering to no one was a vacay I needed! Before I left Shreveport I put my out of office message up and the last time I had put it up it said "I am currently out on maternity leave..."! for most trips I don't put it up because technically I'm always keeping up with emails but being in Mexico, no telling what internet access was available. The trip was much needed as the past couple weeks at work have been crazy busy.

Came back to Houston Monday evening and back to the grind in Shreveport on Tuesday. I picked up the kiddos early on Tuesday and boy, were they thrilled! And I was sad. I felt like they had changed so much. I know it was only 5 days, but Rachel was talking in complete sentences saying new words. And even going to the potty without any assistance! And Ryan, he just looked different to me! The kiddos didn't mind the thousands of kisses and sniffs I gave them.:)

Last vacay that I know of for this year so far. Just glad that May is almost over with several commutes back and forth to Htown and Justin on night float. Now I get to dread July and September when it will be just me and the kiddos (Justin's rotations in Monroe (hour and a half away).


Pics are posted on Smugmug. Enjoy!
 
 

No comments: