The kids celebrated at their schools with their costumes. And then I questioned myself....Am I a bad mom because some parents put some treat bags together for the kids. Did I miss the memo? My kids are obviously too young to eat crap candy. But the bags had stickers and the squeezable apple sauce that my kids love. If I had known, I would have done something! Oh well. It's just different here. At their schools in Houston I clicked with 2-3 moms and we would talk about our kids. Here, no click. I can pretty much get a conversation started with anyone, but here, it's different. It's like a one-sided conversation that just leaves me hanging.
Anyways, back to the Halloween update. We picked up the kids early, took some photos and walked down the street. We contemplated going to the mall or another neighborhood but for the sake of convenience and timing we went the easy route. Few houses, not many trick-or-treaters out. Boo. We only had 2 people come to our house, which I am not used to. Our town home is located on a separate street from the neighborhood so it's not a high traffic area.
Rachel loved ringing doorbells and knocking on doors. She would get her shy, head to the side gesture when they would give her candy and say "See you later guys" as she walked away. Ryan's first Halloween was spent being held. So here we are with a bunch of leftover candy!




1 comment:
Cute costumes!
Post a Comment