Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Massages



2 weeks ago we celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary in Austin. We pampered ourselves with massages. I was hesitant in getting a massage as my first "prenatal massage" was a failure. But then again - - Massage Envy vs. W Hotel...hmmmm:)

My experience with Massage Envy was in my first trimester. We received gift cards over Christmas and went in for a massage. I had no clue that I had to book a "prenatal massage". Apparently pressing on certain points can "trigger" labor, but in the first trimester...highly unlikely! I should have never told them I was preggers. So...it was a wasted appointment for me as their prenatal masseuse wasn't in. And they took $25 off my gift card as it was a cancellation. What's even more disappointing is that their prenatal masseuse only works "office hours".

However, my "Mother-to-be" massage at the W was heavenly! They place this pillow underneath your belly and give you a typical massage. I was worried that I would have to lay on my side. I need to invest in a pillow like this to sleep on my stomach!

In week 30 my feet are starting to hurt at the end of the day, but I refuse to give up the heels just yet!:)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: