Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Feeling Preggers Now!

In week #36 with 4 more to go, I am feeling pregnant! She is moving a lot more now where I feel bulges occasionally in my stomach that I have to push down. I can’t figure out if it’s her arms, legs or butt. She has been in the “down position” for awhile now and hope all stays that way for a natural delivery! This past Sunday in Houston was record-breaking heat and boy did she not like it. I went to church and ran some errands and she was moving non-stop. I had to drink plenty of water all day as I want her to “incubate” for at least another week before she makes her debut!

The doctor visits are now every week. Our doctor schedule has been every 4 weeks up until week 28 and then every 3 weeks through week 34 and now every week. At week 35 the doc did a Strep B Test and an HIV test. Also checked my cervix for the first time. Everything still seems “on schedule” for around due date of July 2nd. We’ll see if anything changes at our visit this Friday. I noticed around week 34 that I was starting to “drop” looking in the mirror and even more so today at week 36. The bump is lower!

I had my work baby shower today so all the festivities are wrapped up! The clothes are washed, the hospital bags are packed, the cameras are charged and the car seat is installed. Now we anxiously wait for the “moment” when Rachel is ready to come. Mixed emotions of nervousness and happiness thinking about how our lives will change very soon. I’ve got 6 weeks maternity leave and I will probably take 2 weeks of my vacation for a lil extra time. After that we will probably need to call up some Aunties to babysit until we’re comfortable leaving baby at daycare. Daycare is pricey!

Here are some nursery/gals room pics for those of you who haven't seen it yet! I still need to find things for the walls, but oh well!



6 comments:

Tiff said...

I would like to help decorate that wall!! Can't wait for Rachel! Take care momma! xoxoxo

carla said...

i'm glad you're able to feel rachel move around more! she'll be here before you know it!

carla said...

wait, when you say "natural" delivery do you mean med free? i'm signing up for an epidural as soon as i hit the hospital!

Aliza said...

So excited for you sarah!! And I'm with Carla! As soon as I can have an epidural I'm getting shot up...more power to you mama if you decide natural :)

steddy said...

LOL...natural as in vaginal, not c-section! I debated the no epidural but as I started thinking about it the more I'm changing my mind. We'll see how long I can go until I say "stick the needle in"!

Nerald said...

love the room! great job!