We have checked almost everything off of our lists and now we can just wait for baby girl to arrive!
This past weekend we had our Childbirth Class at Methodist Willowbrook. There were probably 8 other couples in the class. Prior to attending class you are to do the online course/book. It was nice to do it together so I could ask all my stupid questions and I am a very visual person so the videos were a plus. The class pretty much reiterated the book. However, I felt silly doing the “he-ha-he-ha-he-ha-who” breathing methods. Won’t the nurse just coach me along the way if I need it?haha I did buy the Bradley Method book. I haven’t decided yet if I will go drug free or not. We will see! What was most shocking about the class was not seeing the live births, but seeing all the possible instruments that can be used. Man - - those forceps are huge and scary. We talked to our doc about it and rarely does he ever use them, but no telling what will happen when the baby comes we will have to be flexible on what is best for baby and mommy!
And we completed our Baptism classes. Yes – why so early? Well, when we signed up for them we thought that Justin may not be here as he would be starting a residency program. Luckily he'll be here and we went ahead and took the class. The classes (2 of them) are good for 3 years anyways. And we might as well spare the time now before the baby comes! I must admit that these classes were pretty pointless. In the first class we watched a video and the 2nd class was just logistics of the baptism ceremony. Did you know that baptisms have gone up to as many as 40 kids being baptized at one time? That is crazy! I’m hoping that when we do sign up for a baptism date that it isn’t that huge. Prince of Peace is currently going through construction and the main church should be open again come Oct-Nov.
No comments:
Post a Comment