Been here in Shreveport for almost 2 months now and when we first got here I was so uncomfortable with the daycare options. I probably called 10 centers and toured 5 of them. Waiting list after waiting list we had to settle for the "best option" 10-15 minutes away.
And then last Friday I received unexpected news. The good type of unexpected news. I was in a meeting in the office at Houston and checked my phone to see "We've got an opening for September 9th. Are you still interested?" Heck ya! What we were told could be months to a year has been shortened dramatically. Now, if they could only get one of those stragglers potty trained Rach is in before the end of the year too!
This was our first choice. Other residents had their children there. It was clean. It was structured. I'll go into my rants at another time:) Anyhow, I had marked my calendar to check in with the administrator every 2 weeks so she wouldn't forget us and expressed my "I've toured all the schools here and mother's intuition tells me my kids belong here". I think that was my selling point:)
Being a mom is hard work. Being a "working mom" is even harder. And harder than that? Trusting the most important little people in your life in the hands of complete strangers. This is the decision I've made. To be a full time employee AND mommy. We've had our ups and downs with care for our children. And I know they will turn out just fine.
I just might start a business plan through all of this. It will start off like this "I was once you. I had a great job and then had a baby. I then had to return back to work as early as 6 weeks. It was hard. It was emotional. I couldn't find the "right fit" for my kids. And then I noticed what was lacking. A full time school/daycare for full-time working mothers. A school that understood the emotion a new mother goes through dropping off her little newborn in an environment that isn't able to put 100% of their attention on their kid. A school that showed you through pictures and cameras what you are missing out on during the day......".......to be continued
No comments:
Post a Comment