Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day at New Daycare

Today was Rachel's first day at her new daycare. I brought her around 7:30 and went through everything with her new teachers. I stayed for a bit and played with her to get her familiar with the new environment. She cried at hand off but it quickly stopped after she got distracted. I then headed off to work and must admit I got teary eyed as if it was her first day of school when she first started 6 months ago!
I checked in after lunch to see how she was doing and it was great to hear that she was doing well. "Refused" morning breakfast and milk, but otherwise did well. They told me that she was dancing and enjoyed being outside. Made a mommy happy! What's funny is that they told me that they were singing the Hokey Pokey and she would put her right foot in and "shake it all about". The other day music was playing and she was shaking her foot. Soooooo that's where it came from!hehe
Daycare pick up around 5:45 was hectic. Seems like there are more kids at this location as it was hard to find a parking spot. Rachel cried when she saw me and when I held her she just rested her head on my shoulder for a good minute or so like she was saying "I'm so glad you're back. This place is different!"
She knocked out early this evening and woke up around 11P for an hour. Not sure why, but I'm sure it's the adjustment. Hopefully the rest of the week is ok. In time Rachel will adjust and enjoy her teachers as much as the previous place.

No comments: