Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Signed Up!

Today the credit card came out and I signed up for the Austin half marathon in February and for the Susan G. Komen walk in October.

The marathon. My body is already rejecting jogging so naturally I start looking up races post baby. While I do the Houston half every year, there is just no way my body would be ready for it so Austin it is. And what better way to celebrate my first race post baby 10 years later after I ran it for the first time! I already booked a hotel room as the hotel I wanted to stay at was already full...just in case! This will probably be first trip without baby #2, but he'll be 2.5 months and should be ok.

The walk. We do it every year. This year should be fun. We booked a hotel room for the Friday evening before so we can easily stroll outta bed, eat breakfast and walk to the site. My company also participates in the walk too with a booth and all. I have passed the team captain torch of that to others as it was a pain coordinating that team in addition to walking with the family.

No comments: