It's inevitable as part of this family that you must love food, love to eat and love to eat everything.haha
I waited to introduce whole milk to Rachel until she turned 1. I just wanted that confirmation from the doctor that we could wean off the formula. It started off slow. We would let her have milk with her meals...what she would tolerate at first, but then she got used to it. Daycare returned all her bottles to me so I felt obligated to do what they did. First full day of milk/water only she got really "backed up". But after that hurdle things are going well.
This video will show you she'll favor water over milk though..haha
So what is Rachel eating these days? She is 100% eating what we eat. This makes it more difficult on mommy as by the time we get home around 6:15 I have a 15 minute window to prepare something to feed her before she goes into cranky mode. So having food in the fridge that I can quickly microwave, cool down and give her is what it comes down to. I've even resorted to frozen fruit. Pic below though actually shows Rach eating some fresh raspberries. I guess one good thing about daycare is that Rachel gets exposed to eating various food everyday. One day I saw her eating a whole bowl of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. I had never given any of the above to her. And now I do! The funny thing is that I want to make sure she's got a balanced diet - the protein (meat), the carbs (bread/pasta/rice) and the fruit. Now if only mommy was good about this!
So Rachel seems to eat anything we give her. THANK GOD! We'll see how long this lasts. She likes to eat food on her own with her hands and this week has started taking the spoon and trying to feed herself. Need to find out if daycare is training this on her...haha Talk about wanting to be independent already! She eats peas, carrots, corn, green beans, chicken, steak, rice, bread, potatoes, broccoli, all fruits, macaroni, spaghetti, eggs, pancakes, toast, cheese, crackers, etc. And the days I pick up food I manage to find something to give her to eat. What's funny is that I underestimate her appetite. No lie - one day I brought Chipotle home. Fed her the rice/beans/chicken. I swear that she ate half of the burrito bowl. I was shocked. I kept thinking she was done and she kept saying "more"!!!
More food adventures to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment