Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's a New Year!


So it has been awhile since I've posted...been a crazy busy winter break! I am now back in Chicago busy as can be! The weather today was really cold...high of 0 degrees! Nuts! Anyways, as I reflect on 2008 it has been a busy year, yet a year with several personal accomplishments. Living in Chicago has given me the opportunity to focus on "me".

And today, I have no regrets whatsoever. I actually enjoy living alone. I like coming home not having to answer to anyone or clean up after anyone. I like to do things on my schedule. I feel like I just moved here and I’m only 4 months away from graduating! Time flies! This year has been busy with school, tackling a job on top of that, and then training and completing the Chicago marathon. You really can do anything that you put your mind too. I guess my mentality is, why not? No pain, no gain right? Whenever I felt like quitting I just told myself..."Steph went through chemo and pain that was million times worse than this" and I kept on truckin'!

Anyways, happy new year..off to studying again…

No comments: